Thursday, October 21, 2010

Proton Inspira

Has anyone seen the new Proton Inspira? When I first see it, it makes me laugh, and then comes to my mind that: What the heck?

Proton has been widely published their new "Product" - Proton Inspira, which at first look, make me think "Have I seen it somewhere?" Then straight I think of Mitsubishi Lancer, the latest model.

Proton keep claiming they have new product, and have their own research team to develop new cars, but by the look at this, and also the previous claimed of Lotus technology so and so off, I think Proton is still the same old Proton. They will never make forward move nor will they have their own research team.

Oh ya, their so call research team is to research where have the best fierce looking car, and where they can get the cheapest unwanted engines, and then making use of the Lotus name, combine everything into one, and that's how their "new product" comes out as a whole.

Looking at the accidents happened on the road nowadays, I dare to say that majority of the accidents involving Protons. Not to say they are poor, but relatively whenever accident happened, more than half involved protons because simply they do not have enough expertise in this field, and they do not know where and how to make a safer cars. Their new products are always those already outdated or unwanted by others, and they took over and joint then into one and put it onto the road. With this do you expect them to increase their publicity and improve their safety?

Proton has been in car industries for 25 yrs, but their attitude and management still remains the same as 25 yrs ago, and there isn't any improvement, but is lagging behind all its competitors day by day. Let alone those giant car makers like Honda, Toyota, Merc, BMW, AUDI etc, I believe Proton nowadays can't even competing with Cherry and Tata. These two "minor" car makers already overtook Proton and lead them by miles, eventhough they've been in the car market for a reletively short time as compare to Proton.

Why? It's because the attitude, not competent enough. Proton until today still rely on the government's policy protection and other R&R imposed on foreign cars, but for how long the stupid government can save proton from its extinction?

To be honest, whenever I go overseas, when people asked me about Proton, I will just smile at them and shrugg my shoulders and walk off, simply because Proton is the Malaysia Hall of Shames!

No comments: