Saturday, January 17, 2009

Rear Seatbelt Rule

Yesterday as I was having lunch in one of the hawker centre, which is facing main road and traffic light. As I was in the middle of conversation with colleague, I saw a Policeman on his bike, keep looking at each individual car that's passing by!

The first thing spring into my mind is that "Oh ya! he's checking if anyone not fastening the rear seat belt" Quite rightly so my thought! He's checking on all the passengers of each car, and if he sees anyone not fastening, which happened just about 20m down the road, he stopped a car telling rear seat passenger doesn't fasten seatbelt, then proceed to giving a "Saman" to the car's owner.

So am I right to say government has no excess money to give an increament to the government servant, so they created a new law to allow those policeman to have a side income? Why would they want to put in so much effort into such small little things, while there are hundreds of thousands of thing they suppose to carryout but not!

This is just another example of whygovermnet keep setting new rule and regulation!

No comments: