Saturday, November 8, 2008

Reduction in EPF Deduction

Is it a good news or bad for the public on the reduction of EPF contribution from employees? What effect will it make for us, the consumers?

From my point of view, I personally think it's not a good idea for this reduction, and it will lead to peoplespending "more" and saving less. But as to how much "more" we have by the pitiful 3% reduction per month? For example a person earning RM 3,000 will have extra RM 90 per month to spend, and that work out to be RM 3 per day.

How much things can we get for RM 3 per day now? I think it's quite difficult to find a hawker stall that costs RM 3 or less per meal. Things are all generally now selling at a very high price, and government do nothing to control these culprits.

But in long term, employees will tends to lose more when they retire. Money saved will be a lot less and by then the value of RM will be much smaller and by rough calculation those EPF savings will lasted merely less than 3 yrs at most for majority, if not all people.

So I think it's a bad idea to reduce the reduction for EPF! What you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

It is a pity, that now I can not express - there is no free time. I will return - I will necessarily express the opinion.

Anonymous said...

Dugsuergy
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/drug-addiction]drug addiction[/url]
Poicaicatooto