Sunday, February 24, 2008

Horrified Injury to Eduardo

After watching yesterday's EPL game between Birmingham and Arsenal, it was horrible to see such injury to Arsenal's striker, Eduardo Da Silva. My feeling all went out to him. Now I can only wish him get well soon, and hope he will be able to be back on football field sooner.

I remember the last time I watch such horrified incident happened was way back in the mid 90s, where a player (forgotten his name suddenly) was tackled by Brian Mclair, and his was more horrified than this as his shin was broken into 2 halves, and the blood still draining down onto the football field. That player never recovered from that injury and he was never on playing field again.

I believe Martin Taylor didn't do it intentionally, and on football field anything could happened, and this one is just an unfortunate incident that happened during a live telecast game. The moment I saw that tackle went in, and caught Eduardo, suddenly my whole body felt itchy and there I knew something bad had happened.

Comment made by Arsene Wenger during post match interview may just be heat at that moment, and no one would want this to happen. I'm sure Martin Taylor is the same, just like Brian Mclair then, he was totally shaken and couldn't continue with that match.

Here wishing Eduardo get well soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also Alan Smith suffered a broken shin by some Blackburn defender when he was at MU.