Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bad luck one after another

Recently I may have stepped onto some shit and it's been weeks non-stop my cars entering workshops!

Last month, the rear brake pump was jammed and it had made some irritating noise while driving. It was replaced and everything was smooth. Then engine temperature raised on my way up to Genting, and thought was radiator blocked. So got it serviced and everything back to normal.

3 weeks ago, when I went Kuantan for site meeting, my car broke down, and it was caused by the burnt gasket! Then car was fixed and drove back a week later and all the above costs me some $$$. Then found out radiator water level would reduced significantly after every drive. Around 750ml water needed to top up every day!

Then my other car was sent to workshop to change the whole air cond coil because it had burst! No other way but to replace the whole set, which again cost me dear! Yesterday the first car brake pump again failed and jammed, so need to send to workshop for replacement!

All these has taken a lot of time out of me and probably I need to pray more and hopefully all will be ok for the next foreseeble time!

5 comments:

k@0h j1e ^^ said...

well, how many years have you been driving the car? Maintenance is very important to prevent your car easily broken down.

750ML per day is strange, perharp, there is a small leakage. Tap water can easily spoil your radiator and engine water jacket in long term.

Brake jam is normally caused by brake fluid overheated. either the brake fluid never change (1 year once) or brake fluid dot 3 and 4 mixed togather (they both contain different additives, must beware of it)

Anonymous said...

take a look at your engine cap, check and see got water trace where the oil seem whitish...(mixture of oil and water) If there is, your mechanic did not do a good job with the casket. Also re-check the radiator for leakage. It could also be some rubber piping leaking.750ml is no joke.

Anonymous said...

I bet RM10 it is a proton. LOL!~

M-Factor said...

Pandankia, you are absolutely wrong! WRONG WRONG WRONG! Never in my life will I drive a Proton again so long it's protected by government! The last Proton I drove is 5 yrs back and that's a Waja, for only 11 mths before I change!

P/s: Nothing against Proton, but safety is more important to me!

M-Factor said...

Today just got back the car, and probably it's a rubber stopper that's kaput! Wondering normally japanese marques are long lasting and this car was sent for servicing at specific interval! Hopefully rubber stopper is the culprit!

As for brake pump jam, I suppose it's due to thickened brake fluid that caused by overheat!

The other car is a conti make, which majority parts are made of recyclable materials, so insulation wearing off that cause tube leakages.

Thx for all your inputs!