Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ambulance....

Today I was driving along a heavy traffic flow way and saw an ambulance with the flashing light on. I thought it's emergency so I gave way to the ambulance even when traffic was really slow and hardly any space for me to move over. But I still manage to move over to let it pass by.

Then I realise this ambulance is actually turning on the light to asked other vehicle to give way so that he don't have to wait in the queue. After the jam, I just saw the ambulance move away slowly with the light now turned off.

I was quite furious about it and thought for a second - What if it really emergency and we don't let it pass? Will we be charge for obstructing ambulance way and putting the injured person's life at risk? Will we get a summon for such act of ignorance?

I think answer would be yes as this is the universal law of giving way to ambulance, fire engines and police petrol car when in emergency case. But what if these vehicles were making wrong used of their authority to want others giving them way for their own convenient sake? Will they pay the penalty as us should they found guilty?

I seriously hope this is a one-off case and wouldn't see anymore such act in future because I still believe majority of these people and/or servant are genuine person. If found guilty, authority should not be hesitate to put them in jail or sentence them to an appropriate punishment so lesson learnt.

No comments: