Sunday, August 17, 2008

Same old story!

Yes I got it all correct! That's exactly what I predicted for the Olympic men's single final match between our very own Mr Lee Chong Wei and China's Mr Lin Dan!

Not to my surprise that Lee CW lost to his old foe so easily. 2 days ago I already said in my other post that Lee CW just doesn't has that kind of aura to be crown Olympic Gold medalist! Just look at him the way he face his opponent! Just look at the way he take on his old enemy of court! Just look how nervous he is the moment he stepped into the court!

As a stark contrast, the moment Lin Dan walked into the court, his face already tell crowds he's going to win the game! He's had that kind of ego and aura to dominate the court, not only in points and games, but also the spirit of playing!

I'm not being inpatriotic, but I'm telling the facts. Malaysia's athletes always fall at the last hurdle for some reason. One is being phycologically weak, and secondly mental strength isn't part of the training program setup! This has been the case as long as I could ever remember! It happened to Foo Kok Keong, Misbun Sedek, Rashid Sidek, Razif-Jalani Sideks, Cheah Soon Kit-Yap Kim Hock, and now the possible splitting of Koo Kian Keat-Tan Boon Heong. All of them are mentally and phycologically weak.

Comparing all these players to other badminton power house, I can daringly said we are the weakest among all these countries. The moment we qualified into finals, disturbance and nervousity gets over them. That's why Malaysia is the proven 2nd best of all time. We've athletes who've won countless time of runners' up spot, but probably a handful of major titles only.

So I wouldn't be too sad about the lost of Lee CW in the finals, because I expecting it so if he wins it comes as a bonus, if lose life goes on!