Sunday, November 18, 2007

Climbing of Mount Kinabalu

I planned to go Mount Kinabalu climbing since last June and finally I manage o made reservation for next year, 9 months after plan and I am looking forward to the trip.

To my surprise, the booking is only open 6 months before the date of climbing, but booking was full only few days into its opening. Looks like there are many others mt. climbing lovers who always wanted to go experience it, like us.

This will be myfirst time climbing Kinabalu and I'm not sure what to expect from it. If anyone who has been there, probably you could share your experience with us and give us some tips as what to prepare, any special training needed etc.

Really appreciate your input! Thanks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been there. It is not easy but not though to get all the way up there. Some training before the trip is definately recommended.

The only worries is altitude sickness (where you feel like puking when you have low oxygen when you get higher towards the peak).

Also, you could hire someone to carry your bags to laban rata so you only carry your drink and maybe your pouch.