Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Proton Saga

Last week when I was in KK, I rented one car, which happened to be the new Proton Saga. As a Malaysian I am proud of the achievement of Proton Saga because this model has been there eversince its launch back in 1985. It's been 23 years and still Proton Saga exists.

Back to topic. The car has quite a nice external looks, and the design is also quite fashioned as compare to its predecessor. With its stylish look and design, I'm sure many would be attracted to have a view on that car.

What about the interior? The first moment I sat into the car, I can feel the classic design combined with the comfort seat installed. Without touching anything in the car, it looks like the car is well equipped and designed. But when the car move, I can hear all kind of sound from every corner of the car. Be reminded that the car is only 2 months old.

So when by the touch of side door panel and dashboard, I was amaze that such material would be used in the car. It's all plastic, thin slice of plastic combine with some cardboard on certain area. When car move into cornering, sound of plastic rubbing each other can clearly heard. It has created such unbearable noise, and at the first instant I thought 'this is a low cost car. Do not expect too much of it'

I was thinking what if the car is used daily and constantly parked under hot sun, will these plastic things bent and deformed? How long can these plastic interior lasted? From previous experience, plastic under hot sun will deform quicker and due to its frequent expansions and contractions, you will see a curvy dashboard and door panel in it.

So to spend RM33k to buy such car, I still think it's not worth. It's better to get another more expensive car than spending on such low cost car.

No comments: