Monday, April 7, 2008

Which method save money?

I'd been trying out new route to work for the last few days and I'm wondering whether which is the more economical way of travelling.

I travelled from Klang every morning to office in KL city centre. I used to go by Federal Highway, which is cutting through Klang town, onto Federal Highway straight heading toward city centre. I'd noticed that if I used this way the petrol consumption is very high as I will be stuck in traffic jam in Klang town, Subang area and then a little in PJ. Toll I will pay RM2.10 each way of travelling. Travelling time is around 1 hr 20 min.

Few days ago I tried out using KESAS highway as my house is quite near to KESAS. Instead of paying RM2.10 for toll and stuck in jam, I enjoy a smooth ride all the way from my house to office without much traffic. It took only 40 min to reach office from home travelling average of around 90km/h. Although the toll I pay is RM8.10 or RM6.60, but I felt the petrol burnt during the traffic jam is equivalent, if not more than the extra toll fee I paid. Distance wise travelling on KESAS is around 9km more.

By looking at this, which method of travelling is a better idea? Appreciate you comment please.

1 comment:

Pure Faith said...

My journey takes me from puchong to state in pj, then on to FH to turn into SA, then to Kota Kemuning...

Then, I start my journey to my office in KL, thru KESAS, then into Putrajaya HWay, out at Kg Pandan roundabout...

I will NOT use FH as it is very jammed in the morning....