Monday, October 1, 2007

Con Men Everywhere.....

Almost everyday I still read in newspaper that people get conned by sydicates around town. Don't they read newspaper or heard of such tricks? It happened almost everyday, everywhere, and still people get conned and cheated of their hard earn money!

Why is this still happening eventhough warnings and alerts had been passed around via various sources? Almost all, if not all caused by one word - GREEDY! That's what get people into trouble. With due respect, if a person doesn't greed, such incidents wouldn't have happened as easily.

Personally I experienced before a syndicate trying to con me, but I resist the temptation. Make no mistake the syndicate failed to get anything out from me! Let me share my experience of how things happened!

I received phone call one day from a Chinese accent speaking lady telling they are China cell phone company, setting up branches in M'sia soon, so carryout survey on the market. By inviting me to the launch of their product, with a lucky draw number, I knew there and then it's a con game, but I pretended I didn't know, so to go along with the flow. How on earth can a lucky draw prize be kept over weekend and still you entitled to claimed.

She called back on Monday morning, just as I waited for her call, she was so happy informing me I strike their 1st prize of RM 120,000.00 cash. And all she's asking is my IC number for verification. So I gave out a fake IC with a fake chinese name (Apparently we were talking in Mandarin). To all your surprise, she called 2 days later informing that my ID had been verified and I'm entitle to claim that amount of money.

That's when I go nasty with her, asking all sort of unexpected question, to her at least like how they verified my ID, where they got my name, how can they verified this name is exactly as registered in our National Registry Department, how they manage to get thru such confidential info etc and she could not answer any of them, then I told there are too many such cheated cases happened and this will be another one if I believe a single word she said, then give her a 'GOOD' lecturing and screwing, then she said she will ask her manager to call and try convince me of my good fortune. I beg her please! But now it's been 3 months plus down the line, still no one call, except another attemp by a Macau girl (as claimed by her in the phone) that they are carrying out a market survey for their new company selling all electrical goods.

That I told her off straight away because I do not have much time for this anymore. Hope this will send some alert to the public and be sure that you are not GREEDY in your heart, so you will be safe from all these con cases! :-)

No comments: