Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dependable Police???

Listen to news earlier and wondering if we help provide information to police, will they actually take action to further investigate and solve the case once and for all! News stated rape and sexual assult cases increased tremendously over the last year, and just wonder what has actually the police forces did to protect ladies / women from such trauma? Does us providing info to police force helped? I don't think so!

Here's my experience just 2 days ago. My laptop was stolen last weekend while I was away. We reported the incident to police, which is a norm case for all lost valuable property, especially this one belongs to my company. A day later I received a temporarily created email, asking if I want my info in the computer back! My laptop is password protected, and there were another password required before anyone able to read the file. Somehow it has been broken and he/she knows my info inside, therefore sent me the email if I wanted my info back.

I brought this printout to police station and seeking help from police, to my surprise the policeman asked how can they help me in this! I mean this is some sort of info we provide them to help breaking the case, but they are just so inactive and lazy (sorry to say that but it's true), and without hesitation, they just asked what they asked. This is just a simple case, which by providing the email printout, they should be able to at least advise us what to do in order to catch the thief.

They are detective, and they should be professionally trained to tackle this problem, but in turn we told him what should be done, and as usual I suppose, they are waiting for us to set the trap to hope for the thief's appearance, then police will just do the remaining thing. I guess this is not the correct way, and because of that, my house area security lately is really worrying, as robberies and break-in happened every few days' interval.

May be because of that, thiefs have no fear for police and authority because they are too busy with 'other' works, like Minum Kopi, singing at fixed time, set 'road block' etc. In order for police forces more effective, they must change their attitude, or else it will only get worst.

2 comments:

Alex Allied said...

to break the case, you'll need to contact the FBI. Ohhh, I'm sorry, we don't have any FBI agents here, this is Malaysia. Sh*t.

By the way, they're all on puasa, most of them are lazy and only snoozing off time. Good luck to you on your laptop and the private files.

Welcome to Malaysia once again.

M-Factor said...

Haha... good one dude! Thanks