Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Efficient Service

General Election barely over less than a week, and I can literary see the changes in public services.

Yesterday night I stayed up to watch football game till around 5:30am. This is where I notice the rubbish truck came to collect all the rubbish from all houses, and road sweepers and cleaners were seen carrying out their duty around 6am onwards.

Road condition in front of my house is in such a bad state, that whenever vehicles passed by it will create such a loud noise like earth quake. The road has been repaired several times, and each time it barely lasted 2 - 3 weeks. We have made complaints to town council 3 times over the last 4 months, yet no one seem to care about it and I do not see any workers repairing the road here. But strange thing do happened. Tuesday morning as I was on my way to office, I noticed the road condition felt like new, and there's no more quaking sound heard whenever vehicle pass by.

Is this what we call the Post Election effect? Things that's been complaining for months, and unresolve for months or years, repair works have ben carried out within 2 days. I was really shock, but happy that finally these contractor must do their work properly, or else they are risking to lose the contract. This is just a beginning of what we hope for many more to come. We really hope this newly form opposition party will carryout a good job and serve the public well.

No comments: