Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Maybank ATM Charges

I've been using Maybank account for almost 2 years now but I just came to know last week that if we use more than 4 times the ATM card per month, there will be a RM0.50 charge each time after 4 times.

THis is ridiculous and why on earth we got to pay such fees for using and withdrawing our own money? Why isn't there other banks have such rules, and only Maybank implemented such rule?

I'm not a regular Maybank user and it's all only for business purposes I used Maybank, but still I felt it's unfair to charge its customers such fee for using ATM card exceeding certain times. Probably Bank Negara should impose some sanction against them and repay back the consumers their rights.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Other banks also charge la.. Like that we will take less they can inverst more lo..

M-Factor said...

Haha... consumers always at the losing side! That's Malaysia Boleh

Anonymous said...

it is so that those cheapskates do not make withdrawals of rm50 each time.
and jammed up the queue!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've been using ATM for years and I've not notice that before. Anyway, I've been using online transaction for CIMB and Maybank too. They charge us RM2.00 every transaction to other bank. I mean, 2 bucks is more paying the bank for the system or pay for the service charge?

First, the system is automated, no human involved for the entry. Second, after the entry accepted, the person in charge will check manual. FYI, the service doesn't goes to the person in charge because the person has his/her own salary given by the bank.

If the service charge not goes to the person in charge. Then it should be paying for the system. But hey, the system owned by the bank, why should be buy thing for the bank? Do it make sense that we should not be charged for service charge? We all are paying installment and we owned the system.

Unknown said...

Hyperx, what u said make sense too. We shouldn't pay for service charge here and there. The problem I think is because banks here were monopolised and no one can question their authority. One I wonder is the charges of RM2 for inter-bank transaction, it's ridiculous. In European countries (where I studied) there isn't any charges for such services, only this can be found in Malaysia!

MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!